THE NEW AGE BUG: OLD AGE'S CARCASS

This beautiful creature of a man,
It was him who in my baby days hunted
For my food and watched over me with eyes of a hawk
Like a lioness would her cubs.
He was the ground on which I trod
My first steps and the hands that guided my tender
Feet from falling.
It was from his sides that the clay
With which I was made was excavated.
It was he who showed me the ways of a true daughter;
He taught me strength, braveness and pride
In my sex in this world of domineering men;
It was through his eyes that I came to
Appreciate the perkiness of my breasts
And the curve in my hips;
He was the one who taught me that I am
The fuel of the family and its life,
He made me see the beauty in all this
And frankly, I was contented with it.

Her womb carried me for nine moons
And amidst pain, she bore me into existence,
Her breasts fed me in my infant days and her
Serenading voice lulled me to sweet calmness in sleep
When the night’s unruly nuisance deprived me of peace
And rendered me insomniac.
Her hands were always there to direct me
And her voice ever present to calm my raging mind.
It was in the eyes of this beautiful woman
That I first saw love; real unadulterated love.
Her gestures demonstrated selflessness and
Commitment that never slacked.
Asase Yaa, my lioness, the Queen of kings
And mother of all lions, it is you I speak so modestly of.

Time flies by,
Hundreds of scores swift by and here we are;
Caught between the anvil and the hammer.

Here lies the body of the man
Who I worshiped in the years gone by.
His strength comparable to none in the past,
Is only rival to the ant’s might now,
His once deep-dark, smooth and firm skin,
Now pale and rough and saggy like a sickly old fowl’s,
And his once gallant muscles, now rickety bones,
All from ages of torture and neglect.
 The values he taught me once upon a time
 Have all died on the sea which we journeyed
Across to arrive at this age.
I believe now that the great impression he had on me
Was borne out of nothing but
Illiteracy, grave ignorance and a desire for the devil’s ways
And for this, I feel guilty sometimes and
Most of the other times, a sense of ridicule toward myself.
I still admire him and love him dearly
But only in secrecy of my mind
For the new age considers it a taboo.
This great hunter who once fed me with
Only with the most nutritious from his bounty
Has now become a viper that spits
Venom to harm me in this new age.
He still looks the same to me as in the old times
But the new age tells me I see him so
Because of my unrepentant, abominable longing for him.
I know him and I know I’m not dirty as the devil
But the new age shows me proof that I am.
Who’s lying then?

Here lies Asase Yaa, the mother of all life
And Queen of all kings like an incapacitated leper.
Her majestic beauty has died with the
Setting sun of the old world and it is
An abomination to reminisce of that
Youthful womanly glow she once wore.
A greater abomination would be to consider
Seeking her voice in times of my subconscious raging
For I would be de-idolizing my Father of the new age;
A great and most abominable dishonor to Him; the Almighty.
Saying her name is even an abomination
Because as the new age has taught me,
There is only one name that is worth reverencing
And it is above that of Asase Yaa.

We have made ourselves garments
From the fabrics of the new agers
But wearing them, we look backwards
From the new agers and we can’t decide
Whether or not these garments fit us,
For at times, they seem to squeeze us up
And other times seem to drown us.
The new agers have taught us that
No time existed before the new ages
Hence, our perceived pre-new age existence
Is but a foolish figment of an imaginative myth
We must dissociate ourselves from
Or risk spending eternity in the perpetual
Torments of the afterlife in abonsam’s kingdom.

For ages we have been in this
Moral quandary of
“to be or not to be?”
Our Father whom art in heaven
Loves us so dearly and forgives us whenever
We offend Him.
Heck, he let his only begotten son
To die that we shall be saved!
He is impartial and all loving.
The other one who cannot be named
Would punish us with death
When we offended him gravely
And afflictions if it was a lighter sin
And the sacrifices if the sin was not too much.
Our Father used to do the same in the old books
But some new agers say there has been a new order.

The paradoxes of the new age continue
To plague our minds as people of the old world.
We pray for a unification among these
Dilemmas of our present existence
That we shall not fall into harm’s way.
We pray for wisdom to help us
Solve this riddle, to work out this puzzle; Who are we?




                                                                            

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts